One of the world’s leading hotel and residential/living space developers and designers has need to hire an individual to raise capital for 2 new residential/living space funds.
With an activities pipeline in excess of £2bn they are committed to challenging and improving modern ways of working, living and playing. The Opportunity:
to lead the creation of a dedicated business unit responsible for capital raising, investor management and deployment of dedicated real estate income funds.
As the range and scale of funds grow – you will be responsible for growing and managing a dedicated team of Fund Managers and additional Capital Raisers.Role Background:
Our client is at an exciting stage in its growth – having delivered over 50+ projects worldwide and with a further 30 projects under development – they are continuing to refocus their core investment activity on the UK and a select number of prime international locations.
In terms of their UK focus they have two established funds:
- Fund One – a partnership with a German Investment Bank recently acquired a major development site in West London and has now secured planning consent for over 2m sq ft of regeneration.
- Fund Two – a partnership with a UK Investment Manager: will allow for special, commercial asset and development management opportunities in select Central London locations.
They are also now seeking to establish (initially) two further funds which will have clear geographic (initially UK & Ireland) and sector focuses (residential and hospitality). These funds will work closely with the in-house Property Development teams and seek to secure and hold long-term income generating assets for the Group.Role Description:
- You will be responsible for leading all capital raising and co-ordination activities on behalf of the Group with a view to enabling and establishing two dedicated funds (ranging between £200m - £500m of committed equity) or arranging providing single-asset/project capital clubs.
- You will have a superb schedule of investor contacts – particularly Family Offices, UHNWs, Sovereign Wealth and Institutional Investors.
- You will be an experienced (min. 5 years) Investor Relations/Capital Raising specialist keen to take the next step in their career and grow a dedicated fund management/asset management platform as part of one of the world’s leading real estate brands.
- You will ideally be a FCA-registered (or able to do so).
- You will be ready, willing and able to back yourself in the creation of a new business unit.
- You will have an excellent understanding of the real estate sector – and keen to understand the detail of each new product.
- You will be an excellent sales-person with demonstrable track-record in similar activities.
- You will take a hands-on approach – self-motivated and willing “get your hands dirty” when necessary.
- You will be team-player and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Development Director and Chairman.
- You will be structured, analytical and well-presented.
In return, for the right individual our client is offering a competitive base package and a generous share of the equity in the new Fund Management/Asset Management unit you will be responsible for creating.
You will work as part of one of the world’s leading and most exciting real estate brands.
Other benefits include:
Healthcare Cash Plan, 25 Days Annual Leave
For more information contact James Sheppard at Frazer John Recruitment (London).