Product Control Analyst
£45000-£60000 + benefits and bonus
This growing Investment Bank based in the City has an excellent reputation for its staff retention and innovation.
They are looking to add an Analyst to their Middle office / product control function as they expand their product offering. Reporting into the head of Product Control you will have at least 1 years in a middle office / product control function and understand the process as opposed to putting numbers into a system. You will be looking for an opportunity to join and dynamic growing business and will be able to take on responsibility and other duties as you progress.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and distribute timely and accurate daily P&L and (PAA) Profit Attribution Analysis, for the Equity Products trading desks
- Review for large fluctuations daily and bring to the attention of management
- Perform Front-Office to Back-Office reconciliations
- Gain a working knowledge of the trade flow process from inception to G/L
- Have an understanding of product related balance sheet and income statement line items
- As appropriate, record, upload, reconcile and/or coordinate general ledger postings for product related activity
- Prepare P&L and Balance Sheet Reconciliations as part of month-end close
- Co-ordinate with legal entity and regulatory accounting, risk, operations, and other support groups
- Create and update monthly analysis with regard to key business drivers
- Prepare commentary and standard period over period analysis
As the ideal candidate you will have a degree and a good understanding of accounting. You will have an awareness of end to end, Product Control/ Middle Office processes. A knowledge of Equity products is beneficial but not essential.